The Science Behind Hypnosis
Scientific Studies on Hypnosis
Insomnia – patients slept significantly longer when using hypnosis, significantly more patients had a good night’s sleep and it reduced the time taken to go to sleep.
Fear of Childbirth – participants expressed at least 10% less fear of childbirth than a group who were taught self-relaxation techniques and a group who had standard care, on the W-DEQ fear of childbirth scale.
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) – 54% of participants reported long-term relief of their symptoms
Weight Loss – the average client receiving cognitive-behavioral hypnotherapy showed greater improvement than at least 70% of clients receiving non-hypnotic treatment
Weight Loss – three further studies show significantly greater weight loss with hypnosis than with other forms of treatment.
Hypnosis can help with such a variety of issues, that it would almost be more worthwhile to list what it can’t help with. The following is a list of some of the common issues that clients seek help with:
– Sleep issues (both getting to, and staying, asleep),
– Stopping smoking,
– Weight loss,
– Adherence to diet and fitness plans,
– Fear of flying,
– Fear of death,
– Specific phobias relating to objects, other people or events,
– Lack of confidence in social situations,
– Difficulties with public speaking,
– Improving performance in a particular aspect of their life (such as at work or in a sport),
– Sexual issues,
– Addiction to drugs or alcohol (or other addictive substances),
– Removal of bad habits (like nail biting, for instance),
– Pain control (note that this is not something I specialise in and I would recommend seeking help from someone who does).
It differs, depending on the issue you’re seeing me for and which session of the program it is but, generally speaking, they’re between 60 and 90 minutes.
You won’t generally “feel” like you’ve been hypnotised; hypnosis just feels like a very deep state of relaxation. At no point will you go from being relaxed to suddenly being in trance, it’s a very gradual process and you’ll just become more and more relaxed.
Brisbane Hypnotherapy Clinic
The office is located in Stones Corner/Greenslopes, within the bustling Stones Corner Village.
Suburbs close to Stones Corner include Coorparoo, Woollongabba, East Brisbane, Kangaroo Point, Norman Park, Annerley, Fairfield, Holland Park, South Bank, South Brisbane, West End, Morningside, Bulimba, Hawthorne, Carina and Cannon Hill.
Zoom consultations are also available.
You’re not asleep while being hypnotised, but it doesn’t feel like being fully awake either.
By utilising this natural state, we can make positive suggestions to help make a permanent change, by “bypassing” that voice in your head that questions everything.