Frequently Asked Questions
Hypnosis can help with such a variety of issues, that it would almost be more worthwhile to list what it can’t help with. The following is a list of some of the common issues that clients seek help with:
– Sleep issues (both getting to, and staying, asleep),
– Stopping smoking,
– Weight loss,
– Adherence to diet and fitness plans,
– Fear of flying,
– Fear of death,
– Specific phobias relating to objects, other people or events,
– Lack of confidence in social situations,
– Difficulties with public speaking,
– Improving performance in a particular aspect of their life (such as at work or in a sport),
– Sexual issues,
– Addiction to drugs or alcohol (or other addictive substances),
– Removal of bad habits (like nail biting, for instance),
– Pain control (note that this is not something I specialise in and I would recommend seeking help from someone who does).
It differs, depending on the issue you’re seeing me for and which session of the program it is but, generally speaking, they’re between 60 and 90 minutes.
You won’t generally “feel” like you’ve been hypnotised; hypnosis just feels like a very deep state of relaxation. At no point will you go from being relaxed to suddenly being in trance, it’s a very gradual process and you’ll just become more and more relaxed.